SumInfos (SummaryInformations) is a console utility allowing to collect summary information's (properties) embedded with all Windows 2000 files. It deals with the collection of Microsoft Office documents properties and Macintosh comments stored on NT volumes.
SumInfos writes collected information via command line into a text file.
[This is useful because these information cannot be indexed by the Indexing service, see Q262666 ]
Download and try
Buy SumInfos online
and receive your registration
Read our article : Métadonnées - une initiation; (metadata information in french)
To catalog file properties in a HTML/XML format we suggest you Catalogue and MetaDataMiner Catalogue Pro for extended file properties extraction also via batch processing in command line.
Présentation de SumInfos en français
- Runs on Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/Windows 2000
- Extracts Office documents properties: Author, Comments, Keywords, Last author, Template, Subject, Title
(on Windows 95/98/NT4/2000)
- Collects summary information for all files on NTFS5 volumes (Windows 2000): Author, Comments, Keywords, Last author, Subject, Title
(only on Windows 2000)
- Collects Macintosh comments
(on Windows NT4 or Windows 2000)
- Can copy Macintosh comments into NT 2000 comments
(only on Windows 2000)
- Language: English
SI [-f<output-file>] [-o<options>] [-n<filename>] [-?]
- <output-file> = SumInfos writes ouput in this file [default: ~si.txt]
- <options> = any combination of: A, C, K, L, M, P, S, T, X
- A = author
- C = comments [default value]
- K = keywords
- L = last author
- M = Macintosh comments
- P = template
- S = subject
- T = title
- X = copy Macintosh comments into NT 2000 comments
- <filename> = file name or pattern to analyze [default: *.*]
- -? : displays this help
si -fMyPictures.txt -oCT -n*.jpg
write Comments and Titles for all *.jpg files in
Example 2 Use SumInfos
in a command file (.bat or .cmd)
Copy Macintosh comments into Windows 2000 comments, then display Windows 2000 comments
Download and registration
The unregistered version is complete but limits the number of displayed files to 5 and the user must answer to message boxes.
You can buy SumInfos online using the secure server
You will rapidly receive your activation key by e-mail Price is 10 € (euros).
For large number of licences, please contact us.
We suggest you other utilities that can help you for file management and Win/Mac integration (same author)
MacNames : shareware utility to rename automatically Macintosh files stored on a Windows NT/2000 Server, removing illegal characters and adding filenames extensions for a Mac to PC conversion (English, French)
Idem : shareware for Windows or Macintosh files synchronization, backup and data replication on Windows platforms (English, French, Portuguese)
Delenda software solution to archive or delete files with a certain age depending on date of creation, of modification or last access
Other Software Utilities for PC or for PC-Mac integration , To read (in French): Windows NT et les fichiers Macintosh Send a comment Back to home pageBecome an affiliate partner